• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paid back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lilconcerned

What is the name of your state? Kansas

Approx. 14 months ago a friend offered me money (cash)to help me through a financial bind($800.00)...90 days later i paid her back(cash)...now it has been a year and i received a letter stating me that if i did not pay back the full amount 6 months from now..and she didn't hear from me in the next ten days to make an agreement in paying this back..that she would take me to small claims court. Now heres my question...when the money was given to me..it was cash from one hand to another, and paying back the same way...i have no proof that i paid her back, i am willing to make a repayment but i would like to know the best way to do this so that i have full proof that i paid and she received..and she cannot continue to do this again.
thanks!

nailtech

she has no proof she lent it and you have no proof you paid it,.... sounds like a stale mate to me,... but if you chose to repay it again, do it in a check or money order and keep the receipt... and never, never do business(lend or borrow) with friends or family...... ever....... JMO......

stephenk

you paid her back the complete amount of $900 right? Why would you even consider paying her more money?

I dont think I would forget someone paying me back $900. What's your friend's excuse?

let her file a small claims action. She has nothing to prove she ever lent you the money. Do you have anything that can support your position that you paid her back?? atm withdrawls, letters to her about the loan payback, friends you told about paying her back, etc.

good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">