• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Demand Letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Eagles

Demand Letter

California.

I sent a certified Demand letter to an ex-business partner. The letter simply asks for monies owed and personal property taken from my office without my consent.

I gave him 24 hours from the time he received my letter to respond, otherwise I would denouce him to the authorities. He did not call within the time alloted, so I called him. He refused to talk to nor negotiate a resonable settlement with me.

Yesterday I received a call from his attorney. Now my question is: Should I talk to his attorney must I talk to his attorney? I do not have an attorney nor have I consulted one yet. I was hoping to settle this with out legal consul.

By the way I have overwhelming evidence of this persons misdeeds and fraudulent behavior. Should I just notify the authorities and forget any further communication with this individual.

Your suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Sincerely,

Eagles

Beth3

No, you don't HAVE to talk to this attorney. You don't have to talk to anyone. Whether you should or not is a different question.

Under the circumstances, there doesn't seem to be any reason why you shouldn't at least listen to what the attorney has to say. Perhaps your former business partner wants to settle the matter too and due to the animosity that's developed between the two of you, prefers for his attorney to do the talking. Listening to what he has to say doesn't limit your options on how you choose to proceed.

E

Eagles

Thanx for your response beth3...

I have another questions if I may? I have a friend who is a paralegal. Would it be wise for him to call on my behalf.

Once again thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Eagles

stephenk

The attorney wont probably talk to your friend. You have all the information and you are the one making the claims. Plus your paralegal friend is not allowed to practice law so your friend would be limited in discussions with the attorney.

Remember, if you dont like what the attorney is saying, just hang up and go forward with your claims.

E

Eagles

Thanks for your help......

..............it is much appreciated.

Beth3, you were right on. The attorney wants to negotiate with me and we have entered into possitive dialogue.

Stephenk, thank you for responding. Actually my paralegal friend made the initial contact with the attorney. We are now both talking with him and working on a settlement.

Once again, thanks to the both of you.

Sincerely,

Eagles

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">