• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mail Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angryfriend

What is the name of your state? Kansas

a roommate and i got in an argument and now she is threatening to charge me with stealing her mail. She says i stole cd's and she can trace them by serial numbers. i don't think cd's have serial numbers and i didn't take them anyway. what should i do if she presses charges?

stephenk

she isnt going to press charges.

Ask her what CDs she claims you have and have her show you the ID #s she has for them. Then let her go through your CD collection.

After she cant find her CDs, tell her she needs to move out (if she isnt on the lease). Why do you want to live with someone like her?

C

CaliCat

CDs do not have serial numbers. She's trying to phyche you out. And anyone who would keep track of the numbers if they did have them is a wack anyway. She'd have no case to sue. Kick her out or move out. Dumb roomie. My own stint with a roomie ended with me calling the cops because she wouldn't let me in to get my stuff. She claimed I used her TOILET PAPER and wanted "damages" totaling $139!!! See, she has a baby and didn't manage her money, so i think she was trying to get money out of anyone who had some, and I am a saver and she knew I had lots of money saved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">