• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new car dealership problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

iceman32crx

What is the name of your state? fl

i bought a 2000 gmc sierra from a gmc dealer about 3 weeks ago
the truck is still under warranty and has 25000 miles. i brought the truck into the dealer to get it detailed a week later as requested. to make this short a week later i went to clean my truck and on the passenger side of the dash bord tucked into the corner was my car freshner that the detaler had just thrown up there and it has cracked my dash board in the perfect shape of one of those christmas tree freshners (new car scent). well i took it to them and they said there was nothing they could do but charge me the price that they could get to replace the dash (vinyl repair guy said he could not repair it). how can i get them to pay for there detailers mistake!

i payed $27,000 for this truck and if somebody damages it i would think they would fix it!!

J

joseph17

Did you speak to the manager of the dealership or just to the workers? Sometimes you need to bring things to the attention of those who have the authority (and hopefully the wisdom) to make these decisions. Surely, they should see that taking care of this damage should go a long way towards public service/image, and they will be paid back much more than they put out, with your continued business and business from others whom you have referred due to good customer service.

Of course you could file a complaint with the better business bureau and/or general motors headquarters, and as a last resort small claims court. At least it will show you have tried to work things out in good faith before going to court.

Of course, it may be hard to prove that someone else didn't put it there during the week between the time you picked up the car from the dealer and the time you cleaned the car. How many people (other than yourself) have been in your truck during that week? As a potential resolution, maybe a 50-50 split on the cost would resolve the matter.

I'm not an attorney, so you may want to consult with one.

Joe/NJ

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">