• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bigamy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dianeee

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
I was married to someone I have been told has never gotten a divorce from their first marriage in Arkansas. How should I go about proving they have or have not been divorced and can I do anything about bigamy?

C

CombatTN88

dianeee said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina
I was married to someone I have been told has never gotten a divorce from their first marriage in Arkansas. How should I go about proving they have or have not been divorced and can I do anything about bigamy?
Your spouse must provide a divorce deed to provide that he or she was divorced. If not, your spouse is in dell hell now. It is against law to do bigamy. See the story on Tom Green in Utah.

tam98

Bigamy!! New wife doesn't care!!!

I have no divorce papers from my husband but he is already re-married. The new wife thinks it is a joke. She is proud of herself. Should I not worry about it ???? I don't have money to file for a divorce. He is the one that is going to get in trouble. Should I just wait and let him pay to file or get in trouble???? He lives in Tennessee.

Tammy:confused:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I have no divorce papers from my husband but he is already re-married. The new wife thinks it is a joke. She is proud of herself. Should I not worry about it ???? I don't have money to file for a divorce. He is the one that is going to get in trouble. Should I just wait and let him pay to file or get in trouble???? He lives in Tennessee.

Tammy:confused:
This thread is 5 and 3/4 years old! That's GOT to be a record for Necroposting.

Start your own thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">