• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

annulment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Leona Dennis

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I have a friend who might need to get her marriage annuled - how many months is to late??

L

Leona Dennis

my friend has just now realized that she shouldn't have married this person - they didn't get along before they were married and the sure do not get along now!! we all tried to tell her before hand not to get married, but she didn't listen. she even said to me - on the day that she got married - that if she didn't know if she wanted to do this.

kat1963

She needs to see a lawyer. Sounds like it might be an easy one, so the cost should be minimal. Being foolish isn't grounds for annulment in VA. Only things such as PROVING, duress, bigamy, incestuous, being mental incompetent (hmm?) and being under age at the time. If they don't have children together (get her out of there before there is a whooopsssieee please), the divorce should be a done deal in 6 months. But she has to file to start the ball rolling. Get her to fix the wrong before other complications arise. Next time, kidnapping her to Mexico until the brain fart dissipates might be a good idea.
KAT

L

Leona Dennis

thanks for the info - she just asked me about this the other day so now i'll have some info to give her. i've tried to tell her that a "brain fart" didn't count as grounds - but she just wasn't thinking. i think she was just looking at it like it was the right thing to do because she needed medical insurance at the time that she got married (alot of medical problems) - and there is no way for a whooooopsssie - she can't have any kids.

thanks again!!

kat1963

She can negotiate the medical insurance. My ex kept me on for 3 years post divorce....don't know why, I told him I had my own many times during the seperation. Wasn't until he found out I was pg (after I remarried) that he called, yelled at me and told me he was going to cancel it..go figure, he was evil. My brain fart lasted 12 years, tell her to get out now while the getting is easy...don't have all the much financial stuff tied up...and wasting the best years of both of their lives..
KAT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">