• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrested with 10 charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mbb935

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Well, my boyfriend and the father of my baby was arrested the other night. The county jail told me he had ten charges which included 3 charges of aggravated assault, domestic battery, carrying a concealed weapon, possession of marijuana, interfering with a call for help, burglary, bench warrant, and I think the other one was terroristic threats. I was a victim of one of these so we are not allowed to have any contact. He also happens to be an illegal alien. My questions are:

What could the judge sentence him?
Will they ever allow me to see him even after he gets out of jail?
Could he possibly be deported?
Could the judge give him another bond even though he has a bench warrant from the first time he was arrested?

I'm planning to hire a lawyer for him on Monday so hopefully that will help but I would like to get an idea before then of what could happen. Please help. Thanks.

C

CaliCat

Let's hope he's deported! Don't need a creep like that around your baby. He commited a crime against YOU and you want to help him?

I'm all for deporting him honestly. Baby or not.

I have a 17-year-old cousin with an 18-month-old son whose father is a Crip and has brought the gang activity to her home around the baby. The baby was hospitalized as a result of this. Yet my cousin is standing by the jerk, trying to keep his sorry @ss from being deported, claiming a bad father is better than no father. So a bad, dangerous father is more important than the child's safety? You are doing the same thing. You'll have no one to blame but yourself then if your child ends up in a gang or dead by 18.

C

CaliCat

And another 17-year-old cousin (I have four of them with babies at least a year old) is waiting for her daughter's father to get out of jail, where he is now for biting the little girl's soft spot when she was 3 months old, breaking skin, after throwing her in the tub. She's severely brain damaged, and this idiot girl is waiting for this abuser to get out and come back and kill their daughter? He's also illegal and should be deported.

S

shantrbl

calicat,

that was seriously disturbing, the thought of him biting that baby made my skin crawl. please tell me she doesnt have custody of that baby or that someone in your family will intervene if that man ever comes back into that childs life. I realize that some people like your cousin who is willing to welcome him back cant be helped or made to change their mind, but that child has suffered enough and shouldnt be subjected to people like them.
Ive read alot of your responses and i respect the fact that you truly try to offer whatever advice you have to give, unlike some people on here who just like to berrate people with insults, and in no way does your cousins actions reflect on you in my opinion, I would just like to know if that baby is safe.

Beth3

What could the judge sentence him? Sounds like he could get a significant amount of time.

Will they ever allow me to see him even after he gets out of jail? So he can beat you up again and maybe the baby too?

Could he possibly be deported? Let's hope so.

Could the judge give him another bond even though he has a bench warrant from the first time he was arrested? The judge could but it sure sounds unlikely. Judges don't like issuing bench warrants on people who failed to appear.

mbb - your boyfriend is in this country illegally, is violent, is abusing drugs, has assaulted you, is a thief, in illegal possession of a deadly weapon.. shall I go on?

I realize you think you love the guy but even if you don't believe you deserve better than this, your baby most certainly does. Don't blow your money on hiring a lawyer. Your boyfriend is either going to be deported or serving a lengthy jail sentence (or both) so there's no sense you wasting your money on legal bills.

Take your child and get as far away from this guy as possible while you still can and be thankful he's in jail where he can't hurt anybody else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">