• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Victim Impact Statement- CONFIDENTIAL?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

katiemb

What is the name of your state? mn

i was involved in a domestic abuse situation where my ex-boy friend has been charged and plead guilty to. He was ordered to have a presentence investigation and with that I was sent a victim impact statement from his probation officer to fill out. on the top of this form it states "Confidential", on the other side it states "This statement is intended to be submitted to the sentencing judge". I received a phone call from my ex's mother last evening (not because she was angry but thought I should know). The court included a copy of the inpact statement I filled out with the packet they sent to my ex and his lawyer! Do confidential mean nothing? It is not that my ex saw what I wrote that bothers me it is that it was suppose to be CONFIDENTIAL! What can I do, I am very angry!!!!!!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">