• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Stat. Rape Arrest??!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aznpimp45

i live in Oregon. i rented a motel for the day for me(i just turned 18) and my girlfriend(just turned 17) there was a big missunderstanding they never asked my age or the girls age at all and after 3 hours the manager brought me to his office, said that he is goin to call the cops for having a underage girl in a motel room. he said i could look at 5 years in jail. anywayz he took all my information down from my license and said he will contact the owner and see what he wants to do to call the cops or not. he kept the money and told me to get out. can i still get in trouble? can he just take my money like that? what should i do please help thank you

C

CaliCat

Do they have any evidence of sex? How did they find out ages? I used to live in Oregon, Silverton, outside of Salem, and this sucks. If a couple do not turn 18 on the same day, a relationship is illegal. No buffer period. My brother is 19, and his girlfriend is 17. To even kiss her is illegal, even though her parents approve of their 2 1/2 year relationship. When I was 17, my boyfriend was 19 and in Mass. When he came to visit his mom lectured him on no sex, kissing, etc., since he could go to jail. We did it anyway. But two years' age difference is common. Another reason I hate Oregon. We were actually engaged at that time, but being I was a minor, my school said advertising the engagement could lead to serious trouble. We are still together.

Thing is it isn't up to you now. If ANYONE reports you, then charges will be pressed. Even if her parents are fine with the relationship and wouldn't want to press charges. Another way Oregon is taking the parent out of parenting.

Do not worry about them keeping the money. Let's just hope they forget about it. Press them for your money back and I guarantee you they will press charges.

I'm totally on your side on this. This crap isn't fair.

A

aznpimp45

CaliCat said:
Do they have any evidence of sex? How did they find out ages? I used to live in Oregon, Silverton, outside of Salem, and this sucks. If a couple do not turn 18 on the same day, a relationship is illegal. No buffer period. My brother is 19, and his girlfriend is 17. To even kiss her is illegal, even though her parents approve of their 2 1/2 year relationship. When I was 17, my boyfriend was 19 and in Mass. When he came to visit his mom lectured him on no sex, kissing, etc., since he could go to jail. We did it anyway. But two years' age difference is common. Another reason I hate Oregon. We were actually engaged at that time, but being I was a minor, my school said advertising the engagement could lead to serious trouble. We are still together.

Thing is it isn't up to you now. If ANYONE reports you, then charges will be pressed. Even if her parents are fine with the relationship and wouldn't want to press charges. Another way Oregon is taking the parent out of parenting.

Do not worry about them keeping the money. Let's just hope they forget about it. Press them for your money back and I guarantee you they will press charges.

I'm totally on your side on this. This crap isn't fair.

yea but he has no evidence of anything!! isnt it his fault for not asking my age or my girlfriend's age? anywayz yea that law sucks i always thought it was statutory rape if it was over 3 years age difference! guess not! i dont need this kind of crap charges im training to become a police officer!

C

CaliCat

Not his fault for not asking if he thought you were over 18. The dummy.

At the time I was a minor (let me proudly say here that the 19-year-old is the only person I have ever been with, and he only with me, and we're engaged!) I also thought there was a three-year buffer. E-mail me at [email protected] and I will see what I can do to help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">