• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Update IAAL!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kidoday

What is the name of your state? MI
Remember I asked for your advice regarding my stbx getting my mail? Your response was to get a locking mail box, etc....

Even though I was quite abrasive in my responses to you, I found out that my local post office was not willing to open a locking mail box. However, they were able to inform me that if he continued to collect the mail addressed in my name I could contact my local police, or county police. It is against Federal law to collect mail that is addressed to you, unless it is addressed to both you and the other person. If he continues to collect the mail, in my name only, I could obtain a restraining order stopping him from coming the house completely. As you said this now becomes Federal!. I have my own reasons from getting a restraining order against him.

As you said IAAL, he scoffed at me when I informed him that it was illegal that he get my mail out of the mail box. But at least I have informed him of my rights. Something I have not done in the 11.5 years of marriage.

Anyway, I feel good. You enabled me to get off my lazy a** and obtain information from somtehing other than this website.

Good Luck To me!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kidoday said:
"Even though I was quite abrasive in my responses to you . . ."

"As you said this now becomes Federal!."

"As you said IAAL, he scoffed at me when I informed him that it was illegal . . . "

My response:

I accept your apology.

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">