• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my wife does not want to work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

typhoon

What is the name of your state? CA
We've been married for almost five years, we had a four years old child, for all those years I went to work and supporting her, now I am unemployed and going to school to better myself, and still receiving unployment insurance. To make it short, about three years ago we moved to her relative "sister, brother etc.".
Now, I asked her let move out of this place and for her to look for employment and she refused, she said she does not want to go to work and want to get a divorce with custody of my child.

My question is what is the court going to do, are they going to give her that rights.

Thank you in advance

Last edited:

Jeter

Can't tell you what the court is going to do . I'm not the court.

I can speculate that with no place for you and the child to live and no job, chances of you gaining custody are as close to zero as you can get. You will, however, have the prestigious honor of paying her a portion of your unemployment benefit.

Jeter

T

typhoon

re:

Do you think that the fact. You said you not an attorney

Jeter

Ok, I think that maybe you need to keep a dictionary of legal terms close by because I said I'm not the COURT. Your question was "what is the COURT going to do?" Unless someone has a crystal ball or a time machine, they cannot tell you what the ruling of the COURT will be.

Jeter

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">