• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Didn't make the payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kidoday

IAAL - I am ready for your advice!

What is the name of your state? MI

When my husband moved out in the end of June, he told me that he would make the house payment. Well I received the statement where he hasn't. Now late charges are assessed and the next payment is due Wednesday.

I know I am legally responsible for the payments since my name is on the mortgage, but where does his responsibility lie?

Last edited:

kat1963

YUP. If you don't pay it, it shows on your credit report (as well as his)....just checking, you did say you are on the mtg right? Sad to say the mtg company doesn't give a fig about any agreements with your ex, written, verbal, court ordered....doesn't matter, your contract is with them and they aren't governed under any court order you might have.

Why are you ditching this after all you went thru with the ex & kids? Ahhh..you don't have to answer, just kinda sad to see someone who has fought the battle and this has to happen too! YIKES! I'm sure you have your reasons. Your stress level must be thru the roof!!!

Maybe he paid it late? You know the mail is taking LONG TIME for some reason. My friend from MI sent me a card (to VA) took 7 days to get here!

KAT

kidoday

I could only wish it was paid late

Nope Kat, no payment has been made. I should have known to occasionally check the status on line. Too trusting I guess; I should have known better than to trust him after he took all the tax return money out of our account 3 days before he filed for divorced.

I guess I am just a trusting MORON!

And by the way my stress level is off the charts:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">