• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pro Se web site provides NO ANSWER to my specific evidence question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spike1951

What is the name of your state? Florida

QUESTION IS REALLY ONLY: Can a letter signed from a Doctor be used as evidence in a SCC trial?

The Doctor's letter clearly indicated that "statements by a Nursing company was the only reason she went from requiring only one nursing visit per IV five day session TO 6 nursing visits per five day IV session. (The statement by the nursing company can now be proven FALSE)

We don't want to burden my wife's doctor with this, my wife needs her as she is one of the best and we don't want to bring her into this as a witness or deposition. May win the case but lose something more important!

B

Beth Pouncey

Maybe no one is replying b/c no one is sure what the answer is, and no one would like to give you incorrect information!
Please be patient until someone that knows the answer comes along!

HomeGuru

spike1951 said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

QUESTION IS REALLY ONLY: Can a letter signed from a Doctor be used as evidence in a SCC trial?

**A: yes but the opposing party can make a request to the Court that the letter be inadmissable because there would be no way to cross-examine the letter/witness.
Now in order to use this letter, the doctor must be present as a witness, sworn in and take the stand. Only then could the Plaintiff or Defendant use the letter as referemce when examining or cross-examining the doctor.

The Doctor's letter clearly indicated that "statements by a Nursing company was the only reason she went from requiring only one nursing visit per IV five day session TO 6 nursing visits per five day IV session. (The statement by the nursing company can now be proven FALSE)

We don't want to burden my wife's doctor with this, my wife needs her as she is one of the best and we don't want to bring her into this as a witness or deposition. May win the case but lose something more important!
**A: you don't make any sense. Under the Federal and State Rules of Evidence, testimony must come directly from the witness at trial or through deposition. Letters or affidavits from the witness are useless in Court
without the witness present to testify. Some Courts may allow live video testimony and in these cases the witness need not be present in the actual courtroom.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">