• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

early release from probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

L Hightower

What is the name of your state? The name of my state is Texas. My question is, Can an individual petition the court for early release from probation?

stephenk

how much time is left on your probation? What would be the compelling reason for the probation to end early?

L

L Hightower

stephenk said:
how much time is left on your probation? What would be the compelling reason for the probation to end early?
1 1/2 years of 3 remaining, why not ?!

stephenk

you're kidding right? The only reason you have is "why not"?

Sure go ahead. Hire an attorney and file paperwork to seek early termination of probation. Tell them "why not" when they ask why you should be given special consideration.

Bring ear plugs when they all start bursting out laughing. Hang around so they can call all the other court personnel to see you, point and laugh.

You agreed to or were convicted and sentenced to a specific term of probation. Just because you find it burdensome on your life is no reason to want it terminated.

What if they offer you a year in jail instead, would you take it?

L

L Hightower

Early release from probation

[ Quote ) Excuse me, but don't they let murderers and sex offenders out of prison early 2) The DA told me I could get off probation after a year.
3) The offense occurred 8/96. I've already been a good citizen for six years.
4) Would you, by chance, be a prosecutor?( Quote)
QUOTE]Originally posted by stephenk
you're kidding right? The only reason you have is "why not"?

Sure go ahead. Hire an attorney and file paperwork to seek early termination of probation. Tell them "why not" when they ask why you should be given special consideration.

Bring ear plugs when they all start bursting out laughing. Hang around so they can call all the other court personnel to see you, point and laugh.

You agreed to or were convicted and sentenced to a specific term of probation. Just because you find it burdensome on your life is no reason to want it terminated.

What if they offer you a year in jail instead, would you take it?
[/QUOTE]

stephenk

How long were you in jail? The time you spent in jail does not count toward your probation. Early release from jail has to do with credits earned through good behavior, obtaining therapy or working in jail.

You posted that you have only completed 1 1/2 years of a 3 year probation term. They dont give you credits for the time you are out of jail and on probation.

No I am not a prosecutor, just someone with common sense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">