• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice on considering divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lifeonly

I am currently located in PA.

I got married in New York City. I would like to get a divorce, however he does not want it. We own a house that is in both of our names. He will not move out and I would hate to have to relocate. I have a 15 year old son (not his son). I do not want to relocate my son at this point. Due to downsizing at my company I am currently unemployed. During our marriage my income was twice as much as his so I brought just about everythin in the home. My question is if I do have to leave what would happen to the home. We are still paying a mortgage and he does not make enough to pay it alone. Would I be considered as abandoning the home. If I file for a divorce can it be stated that the home is sold and the profit divided between us. And what would happen to all the items that I personnaly brought during the marriage?

Also would it be better if I file in NYC or PA?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">