• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Age of Consent/ Satutory Rape/ Dateing age minnimum HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jamal182

I like in Texas, me and my girlfriend hae been dating . She is 14 and I am 18. She is turning 15 on Aug 4th. I am conserned about the laws in texas. I heard that they are changing now and that even if a neighbor sees us together I can be thrown in jail. I am really desprate in knowing the facts behind this. What are the ages of consent? If we are not having sex is it ok for us to date?? What is the Law??? Please HELP!

K

knorris

Why don't you just avoid the whole problem and date someone your own age ???

J

jamal182

What?

Because I love this GIRL and I want to marry her when she is old enough!

stephenk

That says much about your maturity level. You are equal with a 14 year old in maturity, common interests and goals?

Unless you can keep your twig and berries in your pants for 4 YEARS, go ahead and date her. Just remember, when you get in an argument with her or she gets jealous if you talk to another girl, or for any petty reason a 14 year old can come up with, she or her parent/s can make a claim of statutory rape and you will have no leg to stand on.

What do her parent/s think of you dating their daughter?

J

jamal182

Thanks for the Help!

Her parents are compleatly OK with the fact that I am dating her. She is not Immature, we have meaningful conversations and she comes off as much older. Did not ask her how old she was when I asked her out. I found out she was only 14 after a week of dating.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Dating is one thing. Having sex is another. I know of no state where a 14 year old may legally consent to sex. Therefore, by definition, you are committing statutory rape if you have sex with her, regardless of how willing she may be. If you must date someone that much younger than you are, keep your pants zipped.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">