• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Mischief

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KT1975

New Hampshire

I recently was arrested for Criminal Mischief. I was in an altercation w/ an individual. I threw an object at the the individual and it hit a taxi cab resulting in some minor damages. The cab called the police and I was arrested. I have had a Disorderly Conduct two years prior. Is it in my best interest to consult legal counsel? I can afford the service if reasonable. However, that would put me under extreme financial duress. Will the value of the service exceed the cost and stigma of an additional misdemeanor on my record? Will this affect my future employment opportunities? I'm a financial advisor. Please help? I need legal advice from an attorney. Thank you.

Jeter

A lawyer will most definately be a viable option. A criminal record will follow you everywhere you apply for an advisory job in the financial services industry. You will have to disclose that you were charged with a criminal offense. Even if you didn't disclose your criminal offense, as a financial advisor you will be fingerprinted as part of the employment process and your record will be accessed before you are hired. You could be missing out on tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in wages you could not make because you weren't hired based upon your record.

Jeter

K

KT1975

Hi Jeter,

I am already currently employed as a Financial Advisor. I have been in the industry for several years now and am fully licensed. I am concerned this may be affect my future career opportunities. However, I do realize that misdemeanors are not as severe as felonies. Should I approach this situation with more caution and concern? Can this type of offense be reduced through plea bargaining? And how lenient would the prosecuror or judge be in this instance?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">