• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step Parent adoption in Florida!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

godlovzcf

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Florida
I really need some help with step parent adoption in the state of Florida. Me and my husband have been married for 4 years and he would like to adopt my daughter who is 5. My ex has never seen her and has never paid child support, he didn't even show up for our divorce. My daughter has never even seen her real father and I have no idea where he is. What do I have to do in order to Terminate his Parental Rights? I have all the forms to do this ourselves but I am just not sure which ones I need to do if I am claiming abandonment. Do I still have to file a affidavit of Diligent search? or a Notice of Hearing? or is there a nother form I need? Any advice would be nice!! :)
Thanks,
Carrie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">