• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Searches at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aruppenthal

I was recently stopped as I left work(the company I work for is Cracker Barrel) in the dining room in front of guests and asked to empty my pockets to be searched. Not feeling like this was proper I asked if this neede to be don in the dinng room again(this happened once before with my purse an was promised by my general manager that this would ot happen again). I was embarrassed and humiliated in front of my customers which in the profession of waiting tables can be harmful to my income. I do not feel that this was right and want to know if it is woth my time to contact a lawyer, considering that this is only one of many questionable things happening at this particular unit.

A

Attorney_Replogle

I am not sure that I would say that anything unlawful happened to you, unless there are other facts that you would have to share about this matter. Still, you can and should still speak with an employment law attorney near you. Many of them give free initial consultations. You can find one at attorneypages

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">