• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tire Store Damaged Wheels

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

booboos

What is the name of your state? GA

I bought some wheels (rims) for my car, and just recently got new tires for them. I went to the "unnamed" tire store to get the wheels off my tires so I could get them put on my new tires. Well, after taking the wheels off the tire and taking them home, I noticed they put scratches and gouges all over the inside and one on the outside of the wheels. These are special wheels and very light, so any damage could compromise safety of the vehicle.

I was pretty PO'd because the wheels cost me 2K and to get new ones are a 2-month wait. I've called and let them know what they did, and they told me the district manager will call me back.

I haven't heard back yet, but if they come and tell me "too bad, so sad", do I have any legal recourse? What are my chances in small claims?

I'd appreciate any advice.

JETX

The answer to your question lies strictly on the issue of whether the tireshop has a 'limited liability' sign in view or on the paperwork you signed (most do). Take another look at the store and the papers.

J

jawscollector

How did you make out with this case? I have just experienced a similar problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">