• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tamara

I have been employed by the same company for 18 years.Low annual salary@$23,000-$24,000.My boss hired a man at $38,000/yr. to assist me one month ago. He worked for 26 days and quit because he didn't like the stress. I have been injured on the job in the past and now suffer pain daily due to the injury.Because of the nature of my work tasks I have been diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome,low back pain and have become ultra sensitive to diesel fumes which eminate from the forklift and boats at my workplace.I experience headaches and dizzy spells whenever I am around the operating forklift. I feel my boss has violated the Equal Pay Act by hiring this illiterate guy.He was hired to help me yet I needed to "babysit" him. I feel insulted and used. I know that the man they have hired to replace me will be making a more substantial salary. Yes, I did give them 2 weeks notice when I decided that I was not appreciated or compensated fairly. I also recommended someone to replace me who they will be hiring.Now they want me to stay another week to cover the gap of time before my replacement is able to start. I know I have been way too nice and helpful to them and feel that I will be screwed. I want a retroactive raise. But I don't want to be in their employ any longer due to the physical pain and suffering,mental anguish and aggravation.I did tell them that I would stay another week so my last day of employment with them will be March 24 instead of March 17,2000....Do I have a discrimination case??

------------------
Tam

A

Attorney_Replogle

I wish I could help you on the Equal Pay Act issue. I just don't know enough about it, but I will try to get some information for you on it. I am wondering if you have spoken to an employment law attorney near you. For I am wondering if you can't go back for another Workers' Compensation claim, and or a claim for disability discrimination. You can find an attorney near you at attorneypages

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">