• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lie detector test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

charlo921

What is the name of your state? louisiana i have been asked to take a lie detector test because of a theft that happened at my job..i'm afraid it will say i'm guilty even though i'm not should i refuse to take it....the cop said he would arrest me if i fail. i read they are not that accurate....

TYRIS

charlo921 said:
What is the name of your state? louisiana i have been asked to take a lie detector test because of a theft that happened at my job..i'm afraid it will say i'm guilty even though i'm not should i refuse to take it....the cop said he would arrest me if i fail. i read they are not that accurate....

who asked you to take the test. lie detector test are not admissable in court due. lie detector tests can not tell if a subject is lying or telling the truth. they can only tell that for some reason the question asked set off the subjects pulse rate, breathing etc. take the test if you want...or don't, its up to you. if the officer has enough evidence to charge you or arrest you, then he will. the lie detector test should not be a factor.

contact your attorney.

TYRIS

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The previous poster is correct - a polygraph test does not say innocent or guilty. It does not even say that your answer to any question is truth or a lie. It measures your responses to the questions and shows to which questions your responses change.

If this is related to your employment, there are only certain situations in which you can be required to take a polygraph. It might be legal for them to ask you to take it, but then again it might not. You might want to check with a local attorney.

C

charlo921

lie detector

:) thank you for the reply i cant afford a lawyer...i know the test is not addmissable but the investagator said he would arrest me if i failed so i figure why risk it ....i gave a statement but should i corparate futher are just say arrest me are leave me alone....again thank you very much this is very stressful..........i was employ there but i'm not any longer...can i be forced to take it are presummed guilty because i wont.?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">