• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this legal??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kkpike

I am an outside salesperson. I am required to maintain a home office and was hired with the agreement that the company would pay all expenses, ie. phone, office supplies, postage and mileage. They just issued a new policy stating that a flat fee of $150 will be paid to cover phone. This means I will be stuck paying approx. $100 per month just to work. This does not seem legal to me. We are all very up in arms about this.
thanks!

A

Attorney_Replogle

I am not clear on your situation. If you have a written contract of employment with your employer, which states that the employer agrees to pay the costs mentioned, then I fail to see how they can change that contract with a new company policy. The policy should not apply to you since you are under a separate contract. To change the terms of that written contract would require that you and the employer bargain for the terms and both of you sign it.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">