• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully terminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dave_ns

I was recently terminated by my branch manager after being offered a excellent promotion by the president of the company (which I accepted). Now the president refuses to return all my attempts to contact him. Should I speak to a attorney?

E

Ex HR Guy

Senior management almost always follows the advice od lower management.

If you believe you were the vicitm of illegal discrimination, you should speak to a lawyer. But just because you were fired and not promotred does not mean there is a claim.

A

Attorney_Replogle

You will need to explain more of your situation Dave. If you are in a state that has an at-will policy, then your termination was probably valid and lawful. An at-will policy means that the employer can terminate you at any time, with or without a reason. Also, the employee can quit at any time, with or without a reason. Lastly, was the offer from the president a written contract that you both signed? If not, then I am sorry to say that I find no legal claim on your behalf.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">