• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Chitwood32002

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

It has been two years since a man killed my uncle by hitting in the back of the head with a base ball bat. On august 8 he was onlt on trail for assult. but was let go on those charges . now my aunt is left alone and doesn't know what to do. could she file some kind of other suit on this man like wrongful death or something? Please help us!:(

K

knorris

Chitwood32002 said:
What is the name of your state? Kentucky

It has been two years since a man killed my uncle by hitting in the back of the head with a base ball bat. On august 8 he was onlt on trail for assult. but was let go on those charges . now my aunt is left alone and doesn't know what to do. could she file some kind of other suit on this man like wrongful death or something? Please help us!:(
She could consult with an attorney about filing a civil suit for wrongful death. by let go on those charges. Do you mean he was tried and found not guilty ? just curious did this all happen because of a fight or something ? What was the reason for this man hitting your uncle with a baseball bat ? Kathie

C

Chitwood32002

wrongful dealth

I am writing back a reply to your questions. My uncle was hit in the back of the head with the ball bat because the man that hit him had knocked his brother in the bushes so he bent down to help his brother up and the man hit him in the back of the head for no reason. In result my uncle died 30 days later in the hospital. The man lied on the stand saying my uncle had a gun . And he did but it was in his pocket and never shown to the defendent. They found him not guilty on the assult charges because it was not trialed right. Please give us any advise that you can.

K

knorris

should consult with an attorney about a civil wrongful death suit. Most charge little or no fee for the consultaion. And you would be able to find out what options your aunt has. I am sorry to hear about your uncle. But if he had a trial and was found not guilty then a civil case is probibly your only hope. Kathie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">