• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non Compete?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MovingOnUp

I resigned from a former employer for whom I worked full time. As a full time employee I was contracted through a placement agency to a larger end-client. (3 Tiers all rogether) When my employer failed to meet several promises and I began to question the future of the company, I submitted my resignation. At the same time, an opportunity came up at the site where I was contracted. I accepted and my former employer wants to be compensated for breach of contract even though I resigned (and the end contract had expired weeks earlier). They threatened legal action due to a 'non compete' which I apparently signed (though I don't recall) and have no copy of. Is this possible or are they just trying to scare me?

Thanks

A

Attorney_Replogle

Oh it is quite possible indeed. Especially if you worked for a placement agency. Whether you or your new employer has to pay the fine depends on the language of the non-compete contract. So I would advise that you speak with an employment (or labor) law attorney near you. You can find one at attorneypages.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">