• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loaned a Guy Money and Now He's Acting Like A Jerk

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sillygirl25

What is the name of your state? California

I loaned a guy I know $860 because he needed help with his rent and phone bill (I know, a silly thing for me to do). He signed a written contract and he made a vhs tape stating the terms and amount of the loan. I know that if he doesn't pay me back, I will have to take him to small claims court. If I win, which I should because there is just too much evidence, how hard will it be to get my money back? Other than wage garnishing, because he doesn't have a steady job, what are my options? Do people get their money back in these situations? Also, there were romance issues (relationship that didn't work out). Would this aspect change the outcome of the case?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sillygirl25 said:
What is the name of your state? California

I loaned a guy I know $860 because he needed help with his rent and phone bill (I know, a silly thing for me to do). He signed a written contract and he made a vhs tape stating the terms and amount of the loan. I know that if he doesn't pay me back, I will have to take him to small claims court. If I win, which I should because there is just too much evidence, how hard will it be to get my money back? Other than wage garnishing, because he doesn't have a steady job, what are my options? Do people get their money back in these situations? Also, there were romance issues (relationship that didn't work out). Would this aspect change the outcome of the case?

My response:

Despite the fact that you deleted your initial post, and my response to you, my response is still accurate.

You keep asking vague questions, like "how hard will it be to get my money back?" and best of all, "Do people get their money back in these situations?"

How would we know, and yes, it does happen.

Look, "you pays your dime, and you take your chances." Like I said, an inexpensive book will tell you everything else you need to know.

What more do you want?

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">