• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal mischief

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

big_speedy_g

What is the name of your state? colorado
I picked a pool table up to retrieve the balls that were stuck in the coin operated table. "It is common to pick a table up" The table dropped and made a loud noise and probably fell a foot to the floor. The owner of the facility yelled at me and said you are not supposed to pick the table up, next time come and get the bartender to get the key. I left and was outside talking to a friend and the owner came out and demanded my license in which he said I broke his table. I did not want to geive my license so I just drove off. He got my license plate and gave it to the police. Three weeks later a cop pulled me over and he told me to follow him to the station. There they finally told me they were charging me for picking up the table. I went to court and was charged with a class 4 felony which is a minimum of 2 years & fine. Should I really be worried about getting 2 years or even going to jail on an accident. They said I caused 3200.00 in damage. I was worried and did a little research, supposedly I broke the slate which is 800.00 to fix. A used table is 1000 and new table is 2200-2500. Please advise me

A

ali316

hmm well if it was a mistake than you better explain it to them, if i were you i would do what ever i can to avoid jail time, see if you can explain it to the owner that got you for this, in offer to pay him to fix the table n any inconvieniences for it bein broken trust me you dont want to go to jail on an accident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">