• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possible harrassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mamacat104

What is the name of your state? Texas

I am going through a nightmare probate because a sister-in-law has chosen to fight me for my husband's estate. My husband and I were married for 14 years and NO children..(only him and I). He had NO children from anyone else before I met him either. His sister went to a lawyer and LIED to him that there was a Will and my husband and I NEVER made a Will and I have NEVER seen one that he did on his own. She has gone after me with a list of interoggatoies of VERY personal questions like, "Did I ever have sex with anyone outside the marriage?" "Did I own property with any other man?" ETC. I'm also very close friends with my husband's brother and She is also asking questions about our relationship NOW (after my husband's death). I was FORCED by my lawyer to turn over to her MY 401K financial statements, my husband and My income tax filings for 5 years, my marriage license, the death certificate, she also asked for my birth certificate which my lawyer objected to (surprise!!). I was forced to answer these type questions and to turn over MY private financial information to this lying woman. I feel extremely violated by this woman and her lawyer. Now I am being forced to do a Deposition and am told that EVEN if MY lawyer objects to the questions as Harrassing, I HAVE to still answer them.
This does NOT seem fair. I am being put through a living Hell because of this woman.
My question... IS there ANYTHING that I can do to sue her for? What can I do to protect myself and My Privacy from this vicious woman who is bent on destroying me somehow. I have EVEN had to PROVE that I am the beneficiary of my husband's life insurance to this woman. I cannot believe that the law allows people to be put through this kind of nightmare.
I thought a person was innocent until proven Guilty..NOT so for me in this case. I seem to be considered guilty of something and My privacy has been violated by her.
IF I can, I want to sue her for what she has put me through.
IS there something I can do??
thanks
Barbara

M

Mamacat104

harassment?

my lawyer isn't saying a whole lot right now. She says the questions are harassing, but I'm told I have to answer them anyway. She is too expensive and bleeding estate of money. thought I would sue if I could and do it myself.

stephenk

hmmm, when an attorney asks my clients questions that I deem harassing and not leading to discoverable evidence i tell them not to answer the questions. If the other attorney really really believes the question is relevant they will tell me why and I may reconsider OR I tell them to file a motion to compel the answer.

I have never had an attorney file a motion to compel an answer to a deposition question in my 12 years of practice.

Maybe time for you to find an attorney with a backbone.

M

Mamacat104

harassing

Thanks, I'll pass that along. I really feel she should be objecting to questions about my sex life in a deposition... This is suppose to be a probate case and seems like my sex life would be completely irrelevent to probating an estate. Just the curiousity of a sick mind (of my sister-in-law).

thanks much
have a good day
Barbara

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">