• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

clearing minor's record after retail fraud/Michigan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

ghatmaker52

In Michigan, my son pled guilty to retail fraud when he was 17, stealing from his employer. If he does not get into any more trouble, how long does he have to wait to go to court to clear his record?

racer72

From what I can tell about your states juvenile laws, he will have an active police record for 3 years or his 21st birthday, whichever comes first.

depending on the county when the kid finishes his probation and all the conditions of, they can have it removed, yourthful offender status i believe they call it(grand traverse county doesn't do it, but they do in the detroit area). I am surprised your lawyer did not push for it. If it happens at age 18 or older (even if they are 20 years old)than they have to wait 3 years,and stay out of trouble. Then get a lawyer petition the court to have it removed, and maybe just maybe the judge will do it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">