• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warning for Disorderly Conduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JTZ

I am a civilian and I work on a military base. I drove to work one morning and parked. Another civilian about 40 meters away started cursing me (I don't know why). I ignored him and walked into the building. He followed me and assulted me on a stairwell. I called the MP's and they took my statement as well as his (they won't release any information). The MP observed the distance between the vehicles. I never struck back during the assult (I was punched in the chest and my arm twisted back, and I was pushed into the wall). Now, after reporting I have been warned that another incident and I will be thrown off base - lose my employment and my retired military right (to use base services). I feel that I'm in jepodardy and my civil rights could have been violated (or maybe if there is another incident). I depend upon the rule of law to protect me, but it hasn't. Turning to the officials for help has resulted in a warning instead. If the Deputy Post Commandar can't determine who was at fault as a result of a poor investigation by the MP's (they should have noted the distance between the cars and taken a statement from the security guard at the building's enterance to determine that I was followed into the building), how can he stand by his decision. Isn't this throwing the baby out with the bathwater - or when a wrong is done just punish everyone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">