• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gotjewed

Allright heres' the deal.....
I moved to chicago.......paid for the place up front.....using my college money..a full 7 months.....i bring this so called friend of mine down there....we will call him Matt, to be a nice guy i put him on the lease......in the understanding that he would get a job and pay half the rent...half utilities and so on......it goes good for about 4 months.....then he quits giving me money....for anything.....we both had jobs.....then he got this job delivering pizzas.....right after that his car blew up.....so i let him borrow mine.....he wraps it around a pole.......meanwhile.....the cops are showing up at my apt....looking for him....(he did a crime that i didnt know about untill 2 months later) so i said no...i didnt know anything about it......he got off......after all this....he steals everything in my apt. and moves back to wisconsin....i am left with the bill....for everything.......can i take him to small claims court and sue for back rent, my car, and reopen a case that should have been solved? I WANT MY MONEY BACK! if any of you know what to do please write.......

:confused:

R

rapunzel41

alota of stuff goin on here

please be more specific.
1st - "i put him on the lease" you say.
so... how much money re: lease do you say he owes you? or is the apt complax saying you owe them on his behalf? are u certain he owes you and not them if he signed the lease?

2. assuming he owes you, how much in total do you think he owes you? your state maximum for small claims may be less than the amount of $$$ you are asking.

3. you need to include more info on the theft you say when he "steals everything" in the apartment? did you get a police report?

4. " i am left with the bill...for everything"
please be more specific.

you have lots of issues - just provide more concise info to let the good folks here steer you in the right direction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">