• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual assault on a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yoo-hoo

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

My daughter recently informed me that my ex-husband, her stepfather, sexually molested her when she was 8 (she's 21 now). Are there any time limitations in reporting this?

Y

yoo-hoo

I'm very concerned because this guy has joint custody of our 13-year-old son and has him three nights a week. Could this be brought up in court? I really want him to seek counseling for this, as I believe he may have done this to his nieces also.

calatty

Counseling is known to be very ineffective in treating child molesters. There is nothing you can do for him. The real issue is whether your son is safe. You have to have some kind of evidence, for example the testimony of one of the girls, to bring this up in any proceeding against him for child custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">