• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wedding ring

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

my_3_monkies

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

Seperated in 4/99 and divorced 1/00.

Ex sent a note to my home requesting that I now give him back the wedding ring he gave me in 1991.

Do I have to? No mention has ever been made of it prior to today.

Thanks!

kat1963

Guess he should have mentioned that in the property settlement of the divorce. Have it melted down.

KAT

M

my_3_monkies

well.....i do not have it anymore, let's just say that. I was wondering if he could legally do anything about it. It was never mentioned in court nor was it in our property division agreement, etc. It has never been mentioned at all.

thanks for your reply.

kat1963

There is nothing he can do, the divorce is FINAL. Trust me, if there was anything he could do, my ex would have tried it. I sold the engagement ring for a new water conditioner for my house....the wedding ban I beat flat with a sledge hammer then sold it as scrap.

He seriously needs to move on. I wouldn't even bother to answer his letter....if you do, that just shows it got to you & that he forced you to think about past.

KAT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">