• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

jobsite harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lady-horse

I am the employee for a subcontractor who is contracted by the general, and the general is contracted by the general, that makes us third in line, while on the jobsite i have been harrased, by the securty guards, the general, and the general who we are doing work for. unfounded alegations were made by a female employee working for the general contractor against me. i was never questioned or asked weather the allegation was true. the end result was they took her word, i was suspened, and the other person was sent to another jobsite. and eventualy layed off. this harassment had been going on since December 1999. now the working enviroment is horribly, employees from both generals are told not to talk to me. I have reported this to all the proper supervisorfrom all three companys, and they choose not to listen, what can i do.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lady-horse:
I am the employee for a subcontractor who is contracted by the general, and the general is contracted by the general, that makes us third in line, while on the jobsite i have been harrased, by the securty guards, the general, and the general who we are doing work for. unfounded alegations were made by a female employee working for the general contractor against me. i was never questioned or asked weather the allegation was true. the end result was they took her word, i was suspened, and the other person was sent to another jobsite. and eventualy layed off. this harassment had been going on since December 1999. now the working enviroment is horribly, employees from both generals are told not to talk to me. I have reported this to all the proper supervisorfrom all three companys, and they choose not to listen, what can i do.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

On Monday morning, first thing, get yourself to an "Employment Attorney", who will file a complaint through the Fair Employment and Housing Administration (Yes, believe it or not, that's the agency to file the complaint). This must be done first. Then, after that fails (and it will), the Agency will then issue a "Right to Sue" letter to you (through your attorney) and then the fun begins. Caveat: I cannot tell from your "story" whether or not such problems are sufficient for a "harassment" complaint. Your story only has "conclusions" e.g., "I have been harassed by the security guards. . ." but you never say what the harassment is all about. You may not like what is happening, but it may not rise to the legal definition of harassment in the workplace.

Good luck.

IAAL

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">