• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question for a friend...........IAAL??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

njmom

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
A friend of mine was sure that she had gotten a divorce about four years ago. She goes to the court house to get a copy of her divorce papers, since she could not find anything about the divorce with her legal papers. The County Clerks office proceeds to tell her that they have nothing on a divorce being filed in that county. My friend gave them two other counties that he could have filed in......still nothing!!...Now my neighbor needs help reading things and filing out papers and I am always there to help her, also have her signed up for Literacy classes, but, she just isn't sure if the papers she got years ago were actual divorce papers, judgement or what they were.

Now, this person she thought she had gotten a divorce from several years ago, is remarried. He pays child support to my friend for a child he adoped during their marriage. When she went to have the child support increased this morning that is when she found out about this other mess.....Can you please tell me where she should start???....Ummm.......He has several business that were put into his second wifes name, does my friend have any rights to his businesses??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">