• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

threatened with termination due to racial harassment.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jason_2000

yes i have been threatened with termination due to me making a toy 'bomb'out of paper for a black man who i work with because he threatened to blow me up?!.i have been told that it is because i made the 'paper bomb' it is taken that it was a racial comment and thus if ANYTHING happens again concerning myself and any other member of staff i will be terminated from my job.
surely this is wrong. or is it because this man is black and i have been made an example of (i am white)
i have to suffer comments made by this man and others as to the nationality of my father (german) and this has been put to my boss, but nothing was said saying that men will be men and it was horse play!!
but as soon as anything happens to this man i am threatened with this
help!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jason_2000:
yes i have been threatened with termination due to me making a toy 'bomb'out of paper for a black man who i work with because he threatened to blow me up?!.i have been told that it is because i made the 'paper bomb' it is taken that it was a racial comment and thus if ANYTHING happens again concerning myself and any other member of staff i will be terminated from my job.
surely this is wrong. or is it because this man is black and i have been made an example of (i am white)
i have to suffer comments made by this man and others as to the nationality of my father (german) and this has been put to my boss, but nothing was said saying that men will be men and it was horse play!!
but as soon as anything happens to this man i am threatened with this
help!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

I think your employer is taking "Politically Correct" a little too far. Now, if you drew, or made a cutout of from black paper, a man hanging from a tree, or a scene with a black man in the "back of a bus," or a characature of an African native, with a bone through his nose, then your employer may have a bone to pick with you. But, what does a paper bomb mean? If your ancestry has been made the butt of jokes, and you've reported it to your supervisor, and nothing has been done, I'd make a complaint with the Fair Housing and Employment Adminstration, and then sue your employer and the employee for harassment.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">