• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kabrown

After 10 years with a spotless record at work I have been threatened with termination due to poor job performance. This is a result of 2 years of harrassment by my supervisor that has been acknowledged but silently overlooked by management to avoid an unpleasant scene. My morale has gone into the toilet and the mistakes I am accused of making, have for the most part been invented or exaggerated by my supervisor. Many other people have been subjected to this person's terrible disposition(how do you document passive aggressive behavior such as sarcasm, rudeness condescension and "the silent treatment"?) I can't afford to quit - what should I do? Management knows there is a problem and refuses to take action. I can't afford to quit and they know it- I have become her personal "whipping post". Allowing her to threaten me with termination has given her carte blanche to continue this behavior. There is much more but I can't fit it into this little square. Please help!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kabrown:
After 10 years with a spotless record at work I have been threatened with termination due to poor job performance. This is a result of 2 years of harrassment by my supervisor that has been acknowledged but silently overlooked by management to avoid an unpleasant scene. My morale has gone into the toilet and the mistakes I am accused of making, have for the most part been invented or exaggerated by my supervisor. Many other people have been subjected to this person's terrible disposition(how do you document passive aggressive behavior such as sarcasm, rudeness condescension and "the silent treatment"?) I can't afford to quit - what should I do? Management knows there is a problem and refuses to take action. I can't afford to quit and they know it- I have become her personal "whipping post". Allowing her to threaten me with termination has given her carte blanche to continue this behavior. There is much more but I can't fit it into this little square. Please help!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

It's time to see an attorney, and to make a formal complaint with the Fair Housing and Employment Administration. Once that is done, it'll take about two weeks to obtain your "Right to Sue" letter from them. Then, have at it !!

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">