• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am I divorced or still maried?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

par4collectible

.I live in west Virginia

I married the same woman 3 times and in 3 States.
1st in Arkansas then she told me that her divorce from her former husband was not final 2nd in our home state of West Virginia 3 months later.
8 or 9 months later we split up for 15 days after we got back together say a week
I was served Divorce papers that she had filed and said that she would call the next day and have it dropped and never did. The 3rd and last was in Hawaii.
A few months later we had some more problems and I left and went back to my home state of Arkansas and she said that she divorced me but I was never served any papers and we were in contact by phone after I was gone about 30days:
1- Since I was not served on the last divorce and completely unaware of it…is it a legal divorce?
2- I never signed anything from Arkansas or the last divorce in West Virginia are we still married in Arkansas and what about her still being married to her now ex-husband?
3- What are my options to get this straightened out?

I would like to thank you for your time please if you need more information just email me I will be glad to answer anything.

Thank you again!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Originally posted by par4collectible

"I live in west Virginia

I married the same woman 3 times and in 3 States."

==========================================

My response:

Perhaps you didn't read ALL the rules of this site. We do not enjoy jokes or joking threads. Since there is no sane person on this Earth who would marry the same person 3 times, I must presume that you are joking, and are breaking not only every rule of these forums, but also of mankind.

IAAL

P.S. See a local Family law attorney. Most give free initial consultations - - that is, of course, depending upon which marriage you wish to be divorced from !

B

bluesport

One way you can find out Contact the Court in the county in which she lives, She has to be a resident to file for Divorce. And Divorces are public record. If you are they can tell you. You would need to have some idea as to when she would have filed, Maybe you could call her and find out what Month, Day and Year this all happened then contact the courts. Since you were never notified I would not assume any thing until you find out for sure.

PS
If I were you I would learn how to day " I DON'T " any way at least to her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">