• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

theft of service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

magoo_2bd

What is the name of your state? new jersey- does anyone know what the fines/ penalties are for "theft of services"? i went through the re-entry line at an amusement park and they could not see a stamp on my hand. i was kicked out and written a citation. any info would be appreciated.

HomeGuru

magoo_2bd said:
What is the name of your state? new jersey- does anyone know what the fines/ penalties are for "theft of services"? i went through the re-entry line at an amusement park and they could not see a stamp on my hand. i was kicked out and written a citation. any info would be appreciated.
**A: where was your paid receipt, voucher, stamped ticket etc. as proof that you actually paid to get in, entered the premises and then left to re-enter at a later time? Who else was with your party and how come they had a hand stamp that could be read and were not kicked out and written up like you were?

M

magoo_2bd

is that penalty (90 days and $5000) ussually imposed or can i plea to just a amall fine? my friends were in the park. i live only ten minutes away. i went home for a little while and then returned. i never keep my ticket because of the handstamp and i've never had a problem getting back in before. i think that because i was in the waterpark so long it was no longer visible.

A

amc822

You can always make the argument that it was because of the waterpark. Whether the judge believes you or not is another issue. Dont' they stamp your hand on the way out of the park? You went home, came back and no stamp where did the waterpark come into that scenario?

M

magoo_2bd

the amusement park is two parks in one. i went on rides when i first got there, then went to the car to change into a bathing suit (this is when i got stamped), came back in with no problem and went in the waterpark for a few hours, and then left to go home. When came back and tried to get back in I was written the citation. There was no reason for me to keep the ticket stub since I had the stamp.

HomeGuru

magoo_2bd said:
the amusement park is two parks in one. i went on rides when i first got there, then went to the car to change into a bathing suit (this is when i got stamped), came back in with no problem and went in the waterpark for a few hours, and then left to go home. When came back and tried to get back in I was written the citation. There was no reason for me to keep the ticket stub since I had the stamp.
**A: wrong. The ticket is evidence of your paid admission, not the stamp.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">