• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shane

I was involved in small claims court suit several months ago and was awarded judgment against the defendant in the amount of $450. The defendant did not appear for the hearing, but left a note at the courthouse acknowledging the debt, and stating that she would pay me back in full in two payments within a two month period upon return for her personal belongings (pictures, etc.) She did not pay me on either date and months later, has yet to pay me. I wanted to garnish her wages, but she is currently unemployed. I want my money back. I have contacted her several times in an attempt to return her belongings, because I do not want them. She avoids a meeting date or time. What steps or measures can I take in order to obtain my money?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shane:
I was involved in small claims court suit several months ago and was awarded judgment against the defendant in the amount of $450. The defendant did not appear for the hearing, but left a note at the courthouse acknowledging the debt, and stating that she would pay me back in full in two payments within a two month period upon return for her personal belongings (pictures, etc.) She did not pay me on either date and months later, has yet to pay me. I wanted to garnish her wages, but she is currently unemployed. I want my money back. I have contacted her several times in an attempt to return her belongings, because I do not want them. She avoids a meeting date or time. What steps or measures can I take in order to obtain my money?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Look in your Yellow Pages under "Attorney Service" (the people that serve legal papers). For a fee, they can prepare all the necessary papers for you and have the defendant's assets levied and collected.

Good luck.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">