• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mary_chau2005

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

My EX ran up credit cards that were mine. Then proceeded to put them into consolidation. The consolidation account is in both our names. He was paying me half of the payments each month but has stopped. Can I sue him for half of the amount that is in consolidation?

A

annefan1000

>My EX ran up credit cards that were mine. Then proceeded to >put them into consolidation. The consolidation account is in both >our names. He was paying me half of the payments each month >but has stopped. Can I sue him for half of the amount that is in >consolidation?

Your ex? Ex-husband or ex-boyfriend? Alot would depend on this person's relationship to you. Since you entered a consolidation account with your name (and consent on it) then you are equally responsible. If, on the other hand, you never consented to the consolidation account, you can sue him for fraud.

JETX

Anne: Your post is incorrect.... again.

The original question was: "Can I sue him for half of the amount that is in consolidation?". My response was correct.

However, your response went into trying to determine liability, which wasn't even a part of the question..... and your response was still wrong!! The original post clearly said that the debt was hers ("My EX ran up credit cards that were mine".)!!

The debt is clearly hers. The question is whether she has sufficient evidence to support her claim that the charges were his and that he is responsible for repaying her for her damages (the amounts she pays on his behalf).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">