• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mogma

I have a 9 yr old daughter with autism. She told me in June that my ex-husband (her step-father) had been touching her. I have taken her through many interviews and appointments with doctors and all they can tell me is that they suspect something has happened, but its not enough evidence to prosecute. She even demonstrated with two anatomically correct dolls what had happened between her and her step-father....Is there ever enough evidence? What does a child have to do for people to believe them? Since my daughter has a disablility I know in my heart that she couldn't lie to me about something like this and it kills me to think he's going to get away with it.... I feel like we're being turned away and just left to suffer... pls... i need some advice..

Beth3

Last time I checked, doctors don't make the decision when to prosecute.

I suggest you contact the police. They will investigate and turn their reports over to the district attorney's office. THEY wlll decide whether there is sufficient evidence to prosecute or not.

Good luck.

M

mogma

Hi... thanks for your responses.. yes I have contacted the police here in NC. Unfortunately the CME (Child Medical Eval.) is what makes a difference in prosecuting my ex-husband for what he's done. They just don't feel there is enough evidence yet. We have more interviews to go through.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">