• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Sex Abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JulieLynn72

What is the name of your state? Oregon
My neice just recently told her mother that her father molested her. She is now 16 and this happened when she was 8. Her mother refuses to believe her and pretty much brainwashed her not to go to the police with this. So my neice is now telling me she wont turn him in but i'm worried because there is 3 other children in the home a boy 13 a boy 12 and a girl 5. Can you give me advice on what I can or cannot do to get this scum bag put behind bars and get those kids some help. I feel powerless and very angry against my sister and her husband!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!:mad:

A

ali316

hmm sounds serious, my advise is tell your sister that she could get in deep **** as well as her husband if she does not report this before her daughter does, but only if you know for a fact that something smells funny. Never assume, remember when ever you get the law involved they wont leave till there satisfied and that in turn could end up losing you a sister. at least thats my 2 cents.

J

JulieLynn72

Thank you for your input. We have infact told my sister that she can get in some big trouble and her reply is that if she didnt see it then she doesnt believe it. She says in one breath it isnt true and then in another breath she asked my neice if she wants to see a counselor. I know in fact that she believes it because she wont leave the youngest one alone with him anymore. I pretty much already lost my sister already because of her husbands lifestyle. I refuse to be around him ever and that was even before I found out what he did to my neice. He has real bad drug and stealing habbits. She just refuses to do anything about it.
I dont know what I can do but I will figure something out!

Thank You

abezon

Mothers allow their children to be abused all the time. It's sad but true.

Now, go get your niece and drive her to the police station to file a complaint that she is being molested/raped by this man. The police will contact CPS. CPS may remove all the children from the home temporarily. If this happens, you should think twice about volunteering to take care of them, since your sister is going to be over at your house making your life hell for taking her man away from her.

You have a very hard road ahead of you, but since your sister won't be the adult, you'll have to do it. Regardless of how much it damages your relationship with your sister. Maybe one day Sis will even thank you for protecting her kids when her self-esteem was too low for her to do it.

Good luck.

J

JulieLynn72

You say no mother will let their child be abused? Well I was also abused as a child and my mother was abused as a child by the same person so don't tell me they won't let it happen. As a result of this I don't even speak to my mother for the simple fact that if it happened to her then why let me be around him? Just because you can have a baby does not mean that you can truely be a mother!
I talked to my neice and I know she isn't telling lies about this because she is clearly upset. She won't talk to the police about it because she is deathly scared of her father and her mother pretty much brainwashed her and every time she talks about it with her mother her mother gets really mad at her. Her mother has also turned my nephews against her and every time it is brought up they start a fight with her and call her a liar. So that is another reason she won't tell the police because she told me she dont want her mom and brothers to hate her.
Thats why scum bags like this don't get harder punishments because people like you that don't wanna hear about it. Well you are gonna hear about it because it is happening lady so deal with it and try to help resolve issues and be more sensitive to other peoples feelings. Dont just sweep it under the rug and I hope for your sake that when it happenes to someone you love that when you are trying to get help that someone is willing to listen. What comes around goes around. I will pray for you!
My sister says she don't believe it happened either but on the other hand she won't let her youngest daughter be alone with her father. HMMMM Go figure!!!

T

TeeK58

lilliee99

Unfortunately, parents let horrible things happen to their kids every single day. For example, My husbands "mother" let her boyfriend beat the crap out of my husband every day. He would make him kneel on a cheese grater until his knees were raw and bloody, he would torture him, beat him, burn him, until one day my husband fought back when this idiot was beating the crap out of his mother. His mother KNEW what was going on, she would stay right there and watch the whole thing. She never did anythig because "She didn't want to lose her "man". My husband has a hole in his left eardrum, with partial hearing loss because of the beatings that he got from this guy. So don't comment on things you don't know about. You are assuming that a parent wouldn't let anything happen to their kids. Just because some women can reproduce, does NOT mean they are mothers. Some women shouldn't be allowed to have children at all.Some women just aren't capable of being a mother. Jails are full of women who have harmed, killed, beaten, abused their children. Wake up lady.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">