• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Resignation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

snowman

I recently resigned from a job which I held for more than 15 years.

The reason was that having returned from
a long term illness ( due to an on the job injury), I was reassigned to the position where the injury occurred.

I requested that I be assigned to another unit in the firm so as to avoid a relapse of the injury, but was reassigned to the unit with no 'bending' by the individual who has the authority to place employees.

The firm is very large with many options for
assignments of employees with skills that
match the needs of the firm. My skills meet the needs of many of the units of the firm.

When my request was refused, I turned in my
resignation.

Do I have any rights in this situation, or
do I just walk away after 15+ years?

J

jd

You resignation followed placement by the firm in a job that they felt you were qualified to do based on your medical records. If capable of doing the work, but you simply preferred placement elsewhere, the employer is under no obligation to comply with your demands. If you have a valid medical reason for not retunring to this position, you should ocnsult an attorney who speciailizes in employment matters. If the reason you resigned was because you did not want to return to the same position, but were capable of performing the required job duties, then you may have cut off any legal remedies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">