• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Took $3,000 Western Union money and did not send merchandise!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jonmck

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Alabama

This has NOT happened yet, but I just sent $3,000 from Alabama to New York for some i95cl Motorola phones. (they are very expensive....but this was a great deal!) . I know that if he takes my money and does not send me the merchandise or sends me bad merchandise that Western Union, NOR FirstUSA (my credit card company) is liable for the chargeback. However, is there anything that I could do??? Maybe with his local police department? OR anything? I have his name and address. I also had him email me the following (as a type of contract or something) THIS IS IT:
I WILL SHIP TO Jonathan McKenzie 9 MOTOROLA nextel i95cl for the price of $3000 they will be ship friday morning to
Jonathan McKenzie
Troy State University
Adams Center Room 110
Troy, AL 36082
thank you
PAUL JIMENEZ

So if he does NOT ship me the items, is the ANYTHING I can do? Thanks! Have a GREAT day!

HomeGuru

jonmck said:
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Alabama

This has NOT happened yet, but I just sent $3,000 from Alabama to New York for some i95cl Motorola phones. (they are very expensive....but this was a great deal!) . I know that if he takes my money and does not send me the merchandise or sends me bad merchandise that Western Union, NOR FirstUSA (my credit card company) is liable for the chargeback. However, is there anything that I could do??? Maybe with his local police department? OR anything? I have his name and address. I also had him email me the following (as a type of contract or something) THIS IS IT:
I WILL SHIP TO Jonathan McKenzie 9 MOTOROLA nextel i95cl for the price of $3000 they will be ship friday morning to
Jonathan McKenzie
Troy State University
Adams Center Room 110
Troy, AL 36082
thank you
PAUL JIMENEZ

So if he does NOT ship me the items, is the ANYTHING I can do? Thanks! Have a GREAT day!
**A: good grief! If you don't get the phones write back. Is this guy an authorized dealer? Did you check him out? How did he get the phones? Did he buy them from tha back of a truck in a dark alley. Were the phones stolen? Are they new with manufacturers warranties? Did he email you the serial numbers of each radio device? Are the phones compatible with local carriers? How was he supposed to ship it? Did you request that he use Express mail, UPS or Fed Ex? Did you request that he fax to you the tracking number of the parcel? I have many more questions but those are just to get you thinking. Good luck to you.

J

jonmck

He WAS an authorized dealer and he decided to close down his cell phone business and needed to get rid of his inventory. They are all NEW with warranty and in the box! He will ship the phones via UPS or FEDEX or USPS and will send me the tracking number by email. They are all compatible with NEXTEL and Southern Linc. THANKS for your time! I just do not know this guy and $3,000 is A LOT of money to send someone you do not know. But, I want the merchandise and it is a good deal! Thanks!

L

loserrr

did you ever get your phones???????

PS...using Western Union is a tip off something maybe be fishy!

JETX

Jon, based solely on the information in your post, you better start crying.... your money is very probably gone!!!

Here is what I base this on:
1) Payment by Western Union!!! This is a VERY common ploy by scammers to get payment by anything BUT the US Postal Service. The reason is.... if the USPS were involved, this would be a case of mail fraud and subject to federal action. With payment by WU (or FedEx, etc.) you do NOT have this protection.
2) The 'too good to be true' expectation!! Another very common ploy of scammers is to turn your own greed against you by offering you a product or service that is simply too good to be true. This is such a great deal that you will drop your normal defenses and just send the money.... HOPING that it is real. Problem is, it seldom is. Billions of dollars have been scammed by Nigerian gangs using this same ploy.... send us a little money and you will get MILLIONS in return.
3) What efforts did you take to even verify or validate ANY claims that this person was on the up-and-up??? Did you get the name, address of his 'former' business?? Did you verify that they even existed?? Do you have ANY proof that this deal is valid??? Do you ANYTHING on this person other than an email address (easily faked or worse) and a phone number (also, easily dropped or even cloned!).

I hope that I am wrong and that this is NOT a scam, but doubt it. Don't dispair though.... there is a benefit from all this. You have received an expensive lesson in life!!!! Do NOT allow yourself to be a sucker to these 'pitches'!!

And without a true name, location, etc., your options for ANY type of action (police, local media, BBB, etc.) is eliminated!!

Finally, you say that you have his name and address. Email me with the information and I can check to see if he is a 'real' person at that address (bet the address is a 'maildrop'!!).

JETX

I said EMAIL it to me. Do NOT post other peoples information on the internet without their permission.

I suggest you DELETE your post with the information immediately.

JETX

My email is in my signature line.... haven't heard of anyone else having problems emailing me.

J

jonmck

Halket, you have exceeded your disk quota

It says you have exceeded your disk quota. Thanks!

J

jonmck

I sent it....did you get it?

I sent it....did you get it???? Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">