• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

protective order and perjury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dmyers

What is the name of your state? oklahoma
tryng to keep this simple will be difficult. my dilemna is this, i have recently obtained protective order number two against my ex-husband. the problem being this time that one of his witnesses and himself committed perjury and subornation mof perjury to aid his defense. the judge didnt order a final protective order instead only extended it for a brief period of time. i am not sure, but i would like to pursue a perjury suit against these people and hope to get another hearing for the protective order. dont know where to turn now, help please!

Beth3

Perjury is a crime against the State, not you. You didn't administer the oath in court, right? The bailiff or court clerk did.

You can't sue for perjury but the State can prosecute and impose whatever criminal sanctions are allowed under the law. All you can do is report it to the public prosecutor's office and see if they take action. When it comes to protective and restraining orders, personally I'd guess many people fail to tell the truth, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the DA to prosecute.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">