• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

protective order and perjury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dmyers

What is the name of your state? oklahoma
Ok, I appreciate that answer. I was unaware and not sure where to turn. my next question is this. one of the people who committed perjury was a former employer of mine. she was being questioned about the circumstances surrounding my leaving the company. her answers were all untruths and i have people willing to testify to that. i qas unaware of her being there so i couldn't fight the lies then. is it legal for a former employer to divulge untruths concerning my former employment and wouldnt it be a defamation of character and slander suit?

Beth3

The standard for defamation/slander is: (1) the person has to knowingly be telling fasehoods; (2) they have to be told with the intent of doing you harm; (3) you have to suffer damages as a result.

The burden of proof would be on you to demonstrate that the person knew they were lying and did so to injury you. Plus, you'd then have to demonstrate damages as a result of the lie.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">