• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16/M - Accomplice to Burglary 3rd Degree... upstate new york

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gushnet

What is the name of your state? Upstate New York

2 Months ago, with 4 other teens.. we went to a public swimming pool and swam at 2am. I have decent history of burglary and theft in my past and have been clean for over 2 years now but I didn't steal anything, 2 other teens stole $300 worth of life guard merchandise and such. It is burglary in the 3rd degree...

If I didn't steal anything could I be charged ?...
I know stealing is wrong I learned the first time, and I tried my hardest to get thesed other kids outa there... :( :(

I don't want to goto jail... can anyone help me with legal advice ?

What is the definition of burglary in the 3rd degree ?

What is the actual definition of being an accomplice or accseecorry ?

Thanks
:confused:

Jeter

3rd degree burglary: When a person knowingly enters [remains] unlawfully in a building with the intent to commit a crime therein.

Accomplice: An associate in wrongdoing, especially one who aids or abets another in a criminal act, either as a principal or an accessory.

Accessory would not apply to this offense. It applies when you aren't present at the time of the crime.

If you can prove that you didn't steal anything yourself, you will most likely be charged as an accomplice. Chances of dodging any charges are probably bleak in light of your criminal history.

Jeter

HomeGuru

Gushnet said:
What is the name of your state? Upstate New York

2 Months ago, with 4 other teens.. we went to a public swimming pool and swam at 2am. I have decent history of burglary and theft in my past and have been clean for over 2 years now but I didn't steal anything, 2 other teens stole $300 worth of life guard merchandise and such. It is burglary in the 3rd degree...

**A: a history of burglary and theft is not decent, it is indecent. Oh, you mean recent. Doesn't that mean like, a little while ago as compared to a long time ago. Did you not learn your lesson? Short term memory perhaps?

If I didn't steal anything could I be charged ?...

**A: of course. There are many prisoners serving time who did not steal anything but were lookout people, get-away drivers, planners, safe house owners etc.
I know stealing is wrong I learned the first time, and I tried my hardest to get thesed other kids outa there... :( :(

**A: what you mean outa there? Did you tell them no, did you grab the stuff away from them, did you attempt to return the stuff, did you do anything in attempt to thwart their actions...

I don't want to goto jail... can anyone help me with legal advice ?

**A: the law is the law. If you commit a crime we can't get you out.

What is the definition of burglary in the 3rd degree ?

**A: breaking and entering, trespassing and taking more than 3 items of lifeguard merchandise.

What is the actual definition of being an accomplice or accseecorry ?

**A: doing what you did.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">