• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal & Moral Advice Needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spike1951

What is the name of your state?Florida

I am the plaintiff against a nationally known Nursing company. We are going to trial in about a month. Their lawyers took a deposition against me, nothing new in what they got. I, representing myself, will soon take a deposition on the main defendant, the administrator of the entire branch office locally.

At issue are damages from a letter she wrote to my wife's doctor, which made statements that alleged improper conduct by my wife and myself in complying with the nursing companies requests. It cost us $900! (long story, just believe it for this illustration)

My dilemma is that I am a decent person and do not want to embarrass or take statement that are public, will go to people who have the ability to "reprimand" her, and could be damaging to her for quite a while.

LEGALLY, can I bring this to the attention of the lawyers, encourage them to settle now before the depo, without seeming to threaten, informing him that I plan to take this to a newspaper. I had always planned to do so in this case. The reason for taking it to the press is because it shows how a large nursing company treated a 4-year seriously & chronically ill lady. The lawyers must know it will be damaging to this administrator.

For example, she makes 5 statement that make the reader think that this nursing company could not do their required documenting about my wife's condition. One is known to be false, 3 were NEVER DONE in a year of monthly visits of 5 day each, and one leaves out that the attending nurse, told us to leave equipment on out porch so she would not have to make a visit to see my wife. This administrator upon my questioning, in the deposition, is going to have to say, "well, no we had never done that action before in 12 months but we could not do it this time because you did not allow us to see your wife who was sleeping". Also, "yes that is true for 12 months we had never seen your wife except to start an IV. We did not as our Bill of Rights requires tell you in advance that we wanted to see her more often this time. So even though, you followed your rights not to accept the additional visits (NOT ORDERED by my wife's doctor, by the way), I said in the letter that YOU were uncooperative and we dropped your wife from our service".

Bottom line, I have all the records from this company on my wife to back up these statements and this administrator will have no answer for "telling partial truth" in order to accuse us of something they had NEVER done the entire year they provided service to my wife.

Moral, question, I hate to do this to her, yet she did refused, twice, my offer for her to simply retract the letter and she refused both times. Am I wrong I going ahead with a depo that will be embarrassing, if not damaging to her position as head of the nursing company? PS All this will be under oath for her, so there is no libel because each statement will be sworn to be the truth. It can't be libel if it is the truth.

Thoughts?

JETX

Moral Support:

Chewin' Tobacco, Chewin' Tobacco
Spit on the Wall....
Yea, Spike
Get that Ball!!!

S-P-I-K-E! S-P-I-K-E!
YEA!!! YEA!!!

S

spike1951

Thanks all - will do!!

I guess this will be one for the people - the little guy!

Spike is a very old nick name, years ago when I use to play volleyball I could "spike the @!#$ out of the ball".

That's what I hope to do now!

Thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">